11 November 2010

Paleo Quiche

I am walking home from town on this beautiful snowy morning, drinking coffee and wondering what to make with my yummy local eggs I just bought!! Trying to keep the egg making interesting, I was thinking french today and decided to make a Quiche!! I hope you love it as much as I did!





Makes 1 Loaf Pan, 6 wedges (double or triple for regular size baking dish)

CRUST.
1 C Almond Meal
3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Add enough water until it makes a paste

1. Spread Paste evenly on bottom of loaf pan
2. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees

while crust is baking, get egg mixture together.

EGG MIX.
8 eggs 
1/4C Almond milk (plain, unsweetened)
1/4C Chicken broth (optional, use water instead)
5 slices cooked bacon, chopped (No nitrates, org, low sodium if possible)
1/2 head broccoli, about a cup
1 tomato diced
1/2 an apple, diced
pepper
garlic powder
fresh basil chopped

1. beat eggs until creamy colored 
2. add the rest of ingredients
3. pour into loaf pan
4. bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees
5. reduce to 350 degrees and continue to bake until middle is not runny.
6. Remove, cool for a bit and serve!! 
YUMMMM!!!

No comments: