15 November 2010
EGG IN A NEST
1 medium spaghetti squash
2 slices of bacon, cooked (you know, only the good kind)
1. Cut squash lengthwish, remove seeds/guts and bake in pan of water at 400 degrees until squash is easily pricked with a fork
2. remove and let cool, the scrape out squash with a fork.
3. Heat a skillet with olive oil and place a heaping scoop of squash in pan and create an opening in the middle. * Make sure the squash has formed a proper barrier around the hole you make, no leaks
4. Repeat step 3.
5. Crack an egg into each hole in the center of the squash and slowly release the egg into the hole so it does not leak out of its "nest"
6. sprinkle with spices to your liking and cover the pan and let cook until desired egg consistency.
Obviously if you are eating with others, just repeat the steps to make more nests.