19 January 2011

small community


I live in Telluride. It is small. The community that mills about this town looks out for one another, especially when it comes to food and sustainable practices. Here is what I mean. When I took gluten out of my diet it and started to eat with Paleo intentions, it was impossible to find a place that would accommodate. One year later, I can go into almost any restaurant and order something without getting a weird look. It seems as food trends change, hopefully because folks are educating themselves on how to eat better, that businesses respond. It is much easier to get exactly what your diet allows in the city because choices are plentiful, but here in Telluride, demands must be met before a business will provide the option.

The real message here, is that the power of community can drive your life practice in a positive direction. Once you make the commitment to eat like a modern version of caveman and start sharing your experience, it only becomes easier to carry on good habits when you are out of your own kitchen. This message also applies to other passions you possess. Get involved in your community!

It makes me proud to be a part of a place that supports my well being because there is nothing better then knowing my community has got my back!

No comments: