24 January 2011
ROASTED CARROT SOUP w/ PULLED CHICKEN
Hi! Soup warms the soul, especially during the coldest month of the year. ENJOY.
5-6 carrots peeled and sliced
1/2 yellow onion sliced
1 bell pepper (yellow) sliced
kosher salt to taste
enough olive oil to cover veggies
3-4C chicken broth (or veggie or half with water
red/purple cabbage to garnish
limes to garnish
red wine vinegar to garnish
crushed red pepper
1. place veggies on sheet tray and toss with oil and salt and pepper
2. roast in oven at 400 until carrots are tender
3. let cool for 10 minutes
4. place in food processor leaving a quarter of veggies out
5. add enough chicken broth until the puree, is smooth and thinned out
6. place on stove to warm
7. add pulled chicken (see recipe below)
8 top with garnishes (drizzle red wine vinegar to liking, totally optional)
1. place 2 split breast chicken breasts in large skillet and add 2 cups chicken broth
2. steam for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
3. shred chicken off the bone and remove skin
4. add to soup
5. if there is any reserved liquid left, add to soup.
skin on chicken is what I prefer as it is less processed and holds moisture better. Don't let the skin scare you because you can take it off before you eat it!