30 December 2010

RESET: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The last few weeks I have been in about a dozen kitchens cooking and therefor, have not been giving you, my readers, any love. Did you know that most good blogs are a full time job where someone is paid to keep things current? Well, my strategy is to keep you in anticipation, checking my blog, waiting for me to post something new! I will try to make it a good one!

Holidays! Whew, just saying that word makes me gain 10 pounds. How about you? It is even more important this time of year to balance your routine with the tradition and enjoyment holidays bring, otherwise, we are stuck in our heads saying,"don't eat this, only eat that... oh, but I want to eat this", instead of indulging just enough that you don't go home feeling sick about it.

What you put in your mouth and the association it brings to your psyche gives you perspective on why you eat the way you do. I have lost a bit of that lately since my job is to cook everything to satisfy the palettes of JB and ME clients. The result: my brain has disconnected from my body and I need to find the reset button. Tasting grains and cheese and sugar, oh my!, eating late, or not a single sit down meal at all, makes me feel like a hypocrite.

The perspective I take from these moments makes me remember how easy it is to eat whatever I want, whenever I want and how terrible it makes me feel as soon as I do it. And yet, these moments give your eating lifestyle more meaning, but let this not be a common excuse for you to forgo willpower for the ease of eating anything and everything.  It will eat you up and spit you out and ultimately, it will prevent you from looking, feeling and performing better in sport, work and life! (this reset button has got to be around here somewhere...until next time..)
HOLIDAY+ INDULGING=PERSPECTIVE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

12:01 am 01/01/11 My Reset button is ready to push...Looking forward to a healthy and happy new year. Mom