24 January 2011

Urban running on VACATION

I just got back from a great trip to Denver with some friends and it was filled with no exercise, except for having to run across downtown to make it to the Avs vs. Bruins game. Urban running is fun. It seems less daunting when you are running in Jean, boots and a blazer. Anyway, with lots of yummy food, sporting events and bar hopping with college friends I have not seen in the same room in ages, I felt it was totally worth it.

However, when we change our diets to accommodate our vacation mode, our bodies still tell us what they miss about the day to day routine. I ended up feeling incredibly car sick on the 6 hour drive about windy roads back to Telluride and it was all because my body has been healthy, I mean healthier then ever. I am realizing it is more sensitive to changes then ever. I guess it is a friendly reminder that letting loose comes with a price, but it also inspires me to make delicious and more nutritious food when I get home. Check out the Roasted Carrot soup I made tonight!! Speaks for itself.


No comments: