10 January 2010

PALEO CHALLENGE RECAP




Thanks to all of you who came to Saturday's information session. I feel like these next 8 weeks are going to be a bonding experience for all of us. Here is a recap a few things I touched on.

RULES OF CHALLENGE: (these are how the best male and female winner will be chosen)
1. The beginning 2 workout times vs. the end 2 workout times. Please work as hard as you can both, in the first workout as you will at the last. Essentially, will judge your improvements in CrossFit.
2. Before and after photos. These are for your own eyes. It is great way to see the changes happening. You will be surprised at what you see.
3. Food logs. These will be due each Monday and are not meant to be tedious. This just gives me an idea of where to target issues that may arise. Also, no need to be very quantitative with this, just the foods you ate, everything, even the if you had a handful of something. We may only do this the first couple of weeks, but it can also be used as a tool for meal ideas and to keep you from grazing, etc.
4. Attendance. This is a big one because it will only give you better odds of winning some money.
5. Attitude. Showing up, working hard, accomplishing goals, cheering others on.

These are pretty simple to follow and if you have any issues or problems, please call or email me.

Also, we went over the FOOD MATRIX and many people are new to exploring spices and vegetables. I will do my best to keep recipes I make on the blog for all of you and would love to have your recipes too! Stay tuned for ways we can all share recipes. Any ideas?

Good HERBS| SPICES:
Cayenne
Cumin
Chipotle
Rosemary (fresher the better)
Basil (buy fresh!)
When in doubt, add more garlic!!!
* one note on spices, some blended spices have anti-caking ingredients and may contain gluten. Try and keep your spice cupboard as pure and tasty as possible.

Finally, we talked briefly about Paleo pot luck dinners. This could be the way we all share our experiences in the kitchen. I would love to hear feedback on what nights people would be into it. Saturday nights, 2 times a month?



I am so pumped to see everyone get psyched and find energy and get stronger. Until then, here are a couple pictures from the Ice Festival this weekend. Enjoy!


The upper bridge

Andres  Marin


Thurk and Steve House (one of the best)

1 comment:

Jaelyn said...

yay nicole! I'm happy things sound like they went well! I am (WAS) skeptical on how paleo works with endurance sports as I mentioned to you. However, my 18 mile run went swimmingly (never hit a wall) after fueling myself with about 800 calories of turkey lettuce wraps filled with lots of raw veggies, avocado, and nuts. :)