28 January 2010

Nut & Berry Muffins

This recipe came all they way from Teresa's sister in Seattle. She is doing the challenge all by herself and has been so nice as to send me some recipes she has tried. Sorry there are no pictures, but they sound simple and delicious. Thanks Melynda!

1 1/4 cup Nut Flour (I used almond flour, but you can use walnut, sunflower, etc.)
2 eggs (I used cage-free Omega-3 enhanced eggs)
1 banana
1/8 cup coconut oil
Handfull of berries - (I used small handfull of blueberries & shredded just over 1/2 of an apple w/my cheese shredder that is now feeling lonely, HA!)

Put everything in a food processor or blender, but add fruit just before pouring into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. I had to bake for like 17-20 minutes. Really grease those pans more than usual cuz mine tended to stick a little, but maybe it's just me. Also, these don't rise, barely at all, like regular muffin mix so go ahead & fill muffin spot more than 1/2 full like you normally would.

No comments: