18 February 2010

CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT: Paleo Works!


Aside from being a believer in the so-called "Paleolithic" way of eating based on personal experience for the last 4 months, I have found in reading Cordain's book, this excessive acknowledgment of anthropology and how it relates to how we should eat. It seems as though it tries to validate this way of eating by what our ancestors ate because it does not want to fall into that category of a "fad diet". Science and experience alone can validate this diet, as I have found helps keep my engine running more efficiently. What annoys me the most is  when I tell people about the basis of Paleo and they ask me if there was certain vegetables, herbs and spices, olive oil, etc back then. You get the idea. 

I found this article that reviews the book solely based on the anthropology, not the diet itself. I want to share it with you because it can alleviate the questions we get of why we should eat like our ancestors did when we live in the modern world. It is less about the Paleolithic people and more about science behind it, as well as the personal success. Ask yourself: how do you look, feel and perform eating Paleo versus the modern western diet (see pyramids)?

See link below.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi, we're promoting the paleo lifestyle in the uk, check out our blog! www.paleoworks.wordpress.com