13 July 2012

Summer Hunting, Gathering, Nourishing

I just looked at the calendar, really looked at it. Wowsa, it is middle of July. Besides Le Tour De France being the symbol of summer, I cannot believe we are in the thick of it.  Let's go back in time so I can explain why I have neglected to write.  This will be done with some words and lots of photos so I don't bore you with wordy details.

I have been rolling along the pavement and dirt of Utah, Colorado and Arizona hunting, gathering and nourishing many things.  My office is my bike and the view is better then a CEOs. Behind my desk,  I reflect, guide, absorb, listen, breath, taste all that surrounds me. I sound like a spiritual goof, but it has really helped me figure out what makes me tick. 

I am now sorting all of these new insights to share, but until then here are some of my moments of summer.

-Nuge

FIGS & FRANCE
Fresh Figs
Local Goat Cheese
High Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
French Sea Salt or other
Fresh Cracked Pepper

*If you can get your hands on fresh figs, make these and eat them.
Pairs well with Peleton Magazine

The calories consumed in one week on tour. Lots of fruits/veggies!

Monument Valley 

A big source of  inspiration: Mountainfilm Telluride

Hoodoo you think you are? Bryce Canyon

New Friends: Let's call him Hans

The pretty and Stable Wall Street

Leading our own cattle drive

Reflection time in the Rio Grande

My niece Amelia screams summer.
Feeding my brain with bike mechanical knowledge

Afternoon naps are a summer fav

Top Tube Wisdom 

The Billboard to my summer

Lilacs mean warm days are upon us

My kind of rollers

How I tell time. what side the shadows are on




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great compilation of the essence of summer.
Love reading your blog.
keep learning and doing!!!

Nuge said...

Thank you anonymous. Keep reading as it gives me inspiration to keep on learning!
cheers.

Dave leflav said...

Great reflections... Good stuff!!