16 July 2012

Drool



Catching up with friends is a great way to get re-inspired. I spoke with my dear friend Blakely last week. She is someone I danced with in the kitchen learning how to create clean, rustic, local fare. Her website Lady Love Food will literally make you drool. She is living in the Hollywood Hills and to get creative in the kitchen being hungry helps. Surfing to work up an appetite, she hits up local markets to find ingredients to feed her hunger pains until her next session.

Our conversation was making me hungry for her Summer Squash "pasta" and Walnut-Kale Pesto. That is until she asked me if I had any new recipes to drool over. Silence. What? Nothing to say? That is a rarity. Northing worth drooling over?  Thank you Blakely for making me realize I have been neglecting a part of my life that I usually make drool worthy. 

This is the season for primal eaters to get creative with the amount of food that grows around us. I hope to fill your bellies and pantries with the fabulous ingredients of summer.

Off to dance my way through the kitchen. The only thing missing is mama Blakely. 

Keep peeking back for recipes with a drool factor. Now, go get hungry!


Blakely and Me taking a break from the kitchen at Black Canyon of the Gunnison (ages ago)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have two zucchinis waiting for me in the kitchen.
I want t o eat a lot today because tomorrow I can't!!
Reading your blog is fun!!