14 November 2009

1 MONTH... TO LIFE

My boyfriend, Thurk (my first client), and I celebrated our one-month of paleo!!! It has been a full month since I received my CrossFit Nutrition certification from CrossFit 4800, Bozemen, Mt. Robb Wolf, who taught this course, has given me inspiration to research the truths and myths regarding my health and the health of my community.


Because health affects all of us, whether it's in healthcare costs or because the prevalence of heart disease and Type II diabetes affects you or someone around you, it is up to people like me, to lobby for people like you to look out for yourself. Question the food you put into your body; "healthy" food too. Don't assume because you shop at Whole Foods that everything it contains is acceptable to the longevity of you body. The fact is that the policies that govern the food industry, tell us what we want to hear through food labels and advertising that supposedly nourish you. If you have to read a food label or if the food  item claims to give you nutrients you may be lacking, chances are you are being fed something you do not need. 


The fact is, the food industry, like you and me, are trying to make money. However, with the industrialization of everything, even the foods that are fundamental in the Paleo diet, are to be questioned. In the previous post, I mentioned eating Organic. This is why: the government has cut corners in the farming of animals and produce, sacrificing nutrients in the processing. More on this topic to come...


Simply being educated on your own, as well as with someone like myself, who has been given the opportunity to be your guide, also requires you to take ownership of your health and its functions. At the end of the day, that fast food commercial that entices you to eat out, instead of cooking in good company, allows the "fake-food" industry to win, along with the foul food regulations that feed obesity and heart disease, and will ultimately cost you more than your happy meal is worth eating.


Turns out, Gluten-Free Pizza Crust + fresh veggies & Organic Chicken+ goat cheese+ friends+ laughter = DELISH!!! Quality speaks for itelf!! Enjoy.














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come over for dinner! that looks delicious and easy to make.
I thought fresh veggies were hard to find in T-ride

Unknown said...

no fair putting a picture like that on your site. now I'm hungry!!! looks good.

NUGENT HAPPENINGS said...

Awesome job Nicole....you need to post some recipes.

KJ said...

What's a good paleo breakfast that's quick for work mornings?