01 April 2011

SPRING FEVER & a rolled ankle

Ooohwee, it has been far too long since I have written. It seems to go along with the roller coaster ride that is my life. This includes my diet and my exercise routine. And why is it that as soon as you get in a groove with all that is important in health and wellness that something happens so suddenly to mess it all up?

I rolled my ankle twice in the last month at a time when my training for a marathon in June was picking up in intensity. What hurt more was not my huge swollen ankle, but my motivation. I had finally gotten over the hump of dragging myself out to train, feeling slow and uninspired, to a place where things were starting to hurt so good and felt effortless to fit my run into my busy schedule.

Now, I am focused on what I eat because i have been trying to recover my injury for the second time and with that comes a decrease in the fitness I have been building the last few months. This, like most things in life is called a detour and it happened for a reason, I just have not figured out what it is yet. All I know now is that with minimal ankle pressure, I can still do core and upper body and better yet, can focus on reeling in my diet once more.

If you have come down with an injury and are bored, food tends to be an option as an outlet. Don't let it. Trust me, it has tried to be my form of entertainment during moments of injury, but the best way to stay positive and heal faster is to nourish your body with all that is protein, good fat, veggie, and delicious. Not to mention, you can finish that book you have been reading for years or exercise the mind. That is what I am trying to do on my end.

Until next time, wish me a speedy recovery.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally feel your pain.
I was just getting into my routine and bam, my first day of Spring skiing (and only day this season), I tweaked my "good" knee.
Totally bummed.
Here's to speedy recovers for us both!

Teri Savelli said...

I am sorry Nicole, I am sure you will heal quickly. Thank you for your blog. I always love what you have to say.

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies. If I coul sit for even an our I would heal so much faster. For now, my ankle is still a kankle.